I found this recipe online, click HERE for the website with instructional videos! The website also has the recipe for Wheat Bread. I love making this bread! It is so easy, but you will need either a Bosch or a Kitchen-aid.
Add the ingredients in order before turning your machine on.
1 1/8 cups warm water
1 3/4 - 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar (you can add more if you like a sweeter dough. I have also used honey.)
3 cups flour (I use bread flour)
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, margarine, or oil
1/4 cup potato flakes (NOT potato pearls)
Mix on low speed for 10-12 minutes with a dough-hook attachment.
Grease a bowl and transfer dough. Cover and let rise 45 minutes to 1 hour. Punch down. Form into loaf, place in loaf pan, and let rise. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. When done, do not butter the top. Remove immediately from the bread pans and thump the bottom. If it sounds hollow, it's done.
Dough can also be used to make cinnamon rolls, cookie sheet pizza, or dinner rolls.
I can make 4 loaves in my Bosch, but as a word of warning, don't let the dough rise in the mixing bowl with the lid on. One time I made 3 loaves, let it rise in the bowl with the lid on, and it cracked my lid! Now, I always let my dough rise in a separate bowl. Also, because I grease the bowl, my dough doesn't ever stick to the counter when I turn it out, so I don't ever need to use extra flour.

2 comments:
Do you know if this can be made without the dry milk? We need milk-free in our house.
I'm sure you could make it without - I'm not sure of the science behind the addition of it. Plus, I imagine you could substitute out the butter and use any kind of oil. Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment