.................

Welcome to SIMPLY DELECTABLE COOKING

I have created this blog for my sisters and I to share our most prized, favorite, or just everyday recipes. The purpose is to get our families favorite recipes put all together. Since our mother passed away in 2009, I have missed being able to call her and get her delicious recipes, so this is a way for my sisters and I to come together to share what we have.

I hope you all enjoy the recipes that are posted!

12/15/11

Popcorn Cake

This version was made on the spur of the moment, so it doesn't have any gumdrops or peanuts. I've never particularly cared for those additions anyway. Next time I think I'll make it the same way, except add some M&M's. Momma used to make this every Christmas. Sometimes she'd form it in a Christmas tree-shaped pan instead of a bundt pan. Either way - Delicious!

Ingredients:

22 c. popped corn
2-12 oz. packages marshmallows
½ lb. butter
1 cup ground peppermint candy
1 cup roasted peanuts
1 cup gumdrops (without blacks)

Melt marshmallows and butter in pan on stove, stirring until melted. Combine other ingredients in large bowl. When melted, pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture and stir. Pour into two well-greased bundt pans, packing tightly. Wait until it cools to pop it out and serve.

2 comments:

Jeanae and Mike said...

I'm SOOOO happy you posted this! I've been wanting to make this!

Travis and Allie said...

ME TOO!