.................

Welcome to SIMPLY DELECTABLE COOKING

I have created this blog for my sisters and I to share our most prized, favorite, or just everyday recipes. The purpose is to get our families favorite recipes put all together. Since our mother passed away in 2009, I have missed being able to call her and get her delicious recipes, so this is a way for my sisters and I to come together to share what we have.

I hope you all enjoy the recipes that are posted!

11/12/11

KFC Chicken Nuggets

From the kitchen of Michael Davidson

Breading:
2 envelopes dry tomato soup mix (Lipton cup-o-soup works perfect)
2 envelopes Italian dressing mix 
1 tablespoon paprika 
2 teaspoons dried chervil (it’s a lot like parsley, but don’t try to substitute) 
1 teaspoon seasoned salt 
1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon powder 
1 teaspoon dried parsley 
1 teaspoon tarragon 
1/2 teaspoon sage 
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
Combine together in a food processor or blender, then in a bowl add to:
3 cups pancake mix, (Bisquick works well)
Mix well.  Store in an airtight container.  Use small amounts in a bowl with a lid to shake the chicken.

Cut boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.  Make an egg wash in a bowl by whisking one egg with a teaspoon of water.  Dip the pieces of chicken in the egg wash, then place in the smaller container with the breading mix.  Put a lid on and gently shake to coat all the chicken.  (We shake about 7 pieces at a time.)  Add small amounts of the mix as it gets used up and clumpy.

Fry the chicken in oil that is 350 degrees for 3 minutes.  Cut open one of the fattest piece to check for doneness.

I'm sure these could also be baked, but we haven't experimented with that.

No comments: