.................

Welcome to SIMPLY DELECTABLE COOKING

I have created this blog for my sisters and I to share our most prized, favorite, or just everyday recipes. The purpose is to get our families favorite recipes put all together. Since our mother passed away in 2009, I have missed being able to call her and get her delicious recipes, so this is a way for my sisters and I to come together to share what we have.

I hope you all enjoy the recipes that are posted!

1/24/11

Finger Steaks

From the kitchen of Camela Lines Ehmke

*Apparently Finger Steaks are a big deal around Boise. The kids have them at school. People wax eloquent about that little place that used to serve the best, but has since closed. It's a big deal. Well, it sounded good to me, so one evening after Christmas I decided to go ahead and try to make my own. We had a bit of leftover steak of all cuts and sizes from Christmas dinner (Jeremy doesn't know the meaning of temperance.). So, we sliced it and battered it and deep fried it. The first batch I used a batter I found down in the pantry. But we had too much steak, so Meridee came up with the following batter recipe that we all liked even better.

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
Johnny's seasoning salt to taste

Combine the above ingredients, then add water until the mixture is like a thick pancake batter. Dip sliced pieces of medium cooked steak in batter, then fry in oil at 375 degrees F until golden brown. When cool enough to eat, serve with ranch dressing or BBQ sauce. Delish!

No comments: