.................

Welcome to SIMPLY DELECTABLE COOKING

I have created this blog for my sisters and I to share our most prized, favorite, or just everyday recipes. The purpose is to get our families favorite recipes put all together. Since our mother passed away in 2009, I have missed being able to call her and get her delicious recipes, so this is a way for my sisters and I to come together to share what we have.

I hope you all enjoy the recipes that are posted!

12/19/10

Spring Mix

From the kitchen of Shirley Ricks Lines

1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil, then boil for 3 minutes.  (Make sure the dry ingredients are combined ahead of time.  Because if you boil any longer, it gets closer to a hard crack stage - think suckers - and it doesn't stay pliable after cooling.  You can't get a piece without making a mess.  I learned this the hard way.)

In a large bowl combine:
1 large box (12.8 ounces or more) Rice Chex
1 pound holiday M&Ms (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
1-16 ounce bottle dry roasted peanuts

Drizzle sugar mixture over cereal mixture and mix carefully, but well.  Spread on a cookie sheet to let cool.  This is a fun snack at any time of the year!

Alternate mix-ins:
Instead of M&Ms and peanuts, add craisins, almonds, and coconut to the cereal.

No comments: