From the kitchen of Sheila Stanford Richardson (mother-in-law to Allie Lines Richardson)
*For this recipe I use instant yeast
2 tablespoons yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon PLUS 2 teaspoons salt
2 cups wheat flour
6-7 cups white flour
1/2 cup oil
3 cups warm water
1 tablespoon dough enhancer
Mix yeast, sugar, salt, wheat flour and 2 cups white flour. Add warm water and oil to bowl. Mix until it becomes a smooth batter. Add dough enhancer and flour one cup at a time until dough begins to pull away from the side of the mixing bowl.
Place dough in greased glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and clean dish towel. Let rise until it doubles in size. Knead to release air. Place in two greased loaf pans. Let rise for about 35-45 minutes. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
1 comment:
As soon as I get my whole kitchen together, I'm going to make this bread. It is so amazing. I hope the change in altitude doesn't make it different here.
Post a Comment